.:: History ::.
The ROXY Theatre was built in 1936 as part of Welworth Enterprises of Minneapolis. The architect was John Marshall of Devils Lake, ND. It was built of concrete to be as fireproof as possible. The bold Streamlined Moderne Marquee was manufactured by Bartl Brothers of Minneapolis and is lit by 570 bulbs. Swede Bartlett managed the theatre from 1937 to 1978 when he sold it to John Dunford who operated it till 1995. The theatre was renovated and reopened on January 30, 1998, by the Northern Lights Arts Council Roxy Committee. The ROXY Theatre has been designated a historic building on the National Historic Register.
.:: Contact ::.
Manager
Steve Hart
(701) 283-5471
(c) Copyright 2005, Roxy